Physiotherapy Rehabilitation that is right for you!
We take pride in our model of physiotherapy services and care. Unlike a lot of the conventional clinics, we at Rx Physio Health believe that the only proper method of care is personalized, one-on-one care. It’s how we would want to be treated in order to promote recovery and rehabilitation.
The Rx Care Model
You experience and happiness are important to us. Here is what we promise:
- Registered physiotherapists who are experts in their field.
- No double-booking; Your time is the entire focus of your physiotherapist in one-on-one treatments.
- No unnecessary up-sells. While we offer different types of services and products, we will only make suggestions that benefit your recovery and health.
Every physiotherapist at Rx Physio Health, from the owner down, are registered and proven to be experts in their field. On top of this, our team each come with their own set of credentials that adds to their effectiveness, giving you most options of care and recovery.
What is Physiotherapy & Why Is It Important?
Physiotherapy is a primary care specialty that involves:
- the assessment of neuromuscular, musculoskeletal and cardio respiratory systems
- the diagnosis of diseases or disorders associated with physical dysfunction, injury or pain
- the treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention or relief of physical dysfunction, injury or pain to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment function and promote mobility (Physiotherapy Act, 2011)
As experts in musculoskeletal and orthopaedic conditions, the goal of our physiotherapists is to collaborate with our clients to restore and optimize their quality of life. Everyone varies in their baseline level of health and fitness, so we are compelled to conduct a thorough subjective and objective assessment. This is required to determine the appropriate treatment plan unique to that individual. Various therapeutic treatments and processes can be used to achieve patient specific goals (see our Services section for a general list).
At Rx Physio Health we hold strong values and are committed to providing the best possible experience to our clients. As a result, we always use the most up to date evidence based approaches to properly assess, diagnose, and treat your injury. You are the most important person in the room and we will always ensure you are receiving our promise for dedicated one-on-one time in a private setting with your physiotherapist. Our integrity dictates that we only provide the treatment that you require; Nothing more, nothing less.
Some Common Injuries We See At the Clinic
- Neck and back pain
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Elbow and wrist pain
- Ankle and Foot pain
- Postural dysfunction
- Hip and knee pain
- Pre-operative and post-operative rehabilitation (i.e. Total Knee Arthropasty)
- Nerve impingement syndromes
- CrossFit specific injuries
The Physiotherapy Services Offered at Rx Physio Health
Physiotherapy (or Physical Therapy) is concerned with human function and movement. It is the process of using treatments to promote recovery and rehabilitation of injuries but also, to maximize the body’s functional movement potentials.
Some of the services we provide to help meet your goals are:
- Exercise Therapy focalized on strength and conditioning principles to achieve both rehabilitative and performance goals.
- Manual therapy including soft tissue mobilizations, graded joint mobilizations and passive stretching to improve tissue extensibility; increase range of motion; modulate pain; and reduce soft tissue swelling and inflammation.
- Acupuncture and dry needling to modulate pain and reduce inflammation. Learn more about our acupuncture here.
- Electrotherapy modalities including ultrasound, TENS, IFC and Laser Therapy.
- Postural retraining to reduce chronic pain related to postural dysfunction.
- Gait, balance and co-ordination training to reduce the risk of falls and optimize daily living.